Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tutorial Tuesday: The late night/early morning edition!

There's a cricket under my bed.He's not making any noise at the moment, but I know as soon as I try to go to bed the little bugger will keep me up all night. So, why not get a head start on Tutorial Tuesday...since it is Tuesday. Early morning tuesday...or late night monday... Ah, screw it, I'll finish the post when I'm sane.

Photobucket

After two cups of coffee and hours and hours of sleeping in, I think I'm sane enough to update. Today's inspiration actually hasn't been rotting in my favorites for years. My mom sent me a link to Donna Downey's blog Simply Me because she not only is she an amazing artist and business lady, but she hosts Inspiration Wednesday; where she posts tutorial videos. Now, I don't stamp. I'm jobless and stamping is a very expensive hobby. Donna Downey is definitely a stamper. So, instead of following her videos, I improvised. She uses acrylic paint and I'm scared of real paint so I used water color to see if I could get the same effect as she did in this video:


inspiration wednesday 6 30 10 from donna downey on Vimeo.



I just tried the flowers and I learned that I really like mixing colors :) It makes me feel like a little kid.





^Accidental Drippage & crappy grass & if you turn your head it's a flower

This post took forever.
Hope you're happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Tell me what you think!